Tevez finally apologises to City
Carlos Tevez has apologised "sincerely and unreservedly'' for his conduct in the aftermath of his refusal to warm up in Manchester City's Champions League tie at Bayern Munich.
Manager Roberto Mancini had always stated there was no chance Tevez would be allowed back into his first team squad without an apology. And seven days after the player finally flew back into Manchester after going AWOL in Argentina for three months he has said sorry.
It is not clear if an apology at this stage will see Tevez play for the club again, especially given his outspoken television interview before returning to England in which he accused Mancini of treating him like a dog.
In a statement released by City on Tuesday night, Tevez said: "I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence.
"My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Manchester City Football Club.''
Tevez was given his own fitness programme when he reported back to the club's Carrington training headquarters last week.
He is ineligible to play in Wednesday's Europa League tie against Porto having not been registered for the competition.
City issued a statement of their own which read: "Carlos Tevez has today apologised to all concerned for his recent conduct. Carlos returned to the football club last Tuesday, following a three-month absence from duties, without permission.
"Carlos has also withdrawn his appeal against the club's finding of gross misconduct which was due to be heard by a Premier League panel in the coming days. He has since begun a training programme designed to return him to optimum fitness."