Previous
Toulouse
Lens
0
2
FT
Game Details
Werder Bremen
FC Cologne
0
1
FT
Game Details
Aberdeen
Motherwell
1
0
FT
Game Details
Fulham
Charlton Athletic
3
0
FT
Game Details
Celta Vigo
Levante
3
0
FT
Game Details
Brisbane Roar
Sydney FC
0
2
FT
Game Details
Next

50-50 Challenge: Real Madrid vs. Barcelona

El Clasico 1 day ago
Read

Cobos: Neymar stronger in 2014-15

Barcelona 1 day ago
Read

Lamela wonder-goal, Kane's keeper clanger

Blog - The Toe Poke 23 hours ago
Read
Feb 21, 2012

UEFA opens case against Porto

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Porto following allegations of racial abuse during last week's 2-1 defeat at home to Manchester City.

• Porto deny racial abuse claim
• City to protest to UEFA

City wrote to UEFA to lodge a complaint after claims of monkey chants directed against Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure from fans at the Estadio Dragao on Thursday night.

UEFA announced in a statement: "Following a complaint lodged by Manchester City FC, UEFA has today opened disciplinary proceedings against FC Porto for the improper conduct of supporters (article 11 bis of the UEFA disciplinary degulations) during their UEFA Europa League round of 32 first-leg match against Manchester City FC last week.

"The UEFA control and disciplinary body will deal with the case on 29 March."

Roberto Mancini said after the game that he had not heard any abuse during the game, but Balotelli reported the matter to a club official.

On Tuesday morning, Mancini told his pre-match press conference: "I don't know what has happened. I was concentrating on the game and I didn't hear this, but everywhere there are some not clever people - this is life."

When asked if Balotelli had been upset, he said: "I think Mario for this is strong enough. This was the culture sometimes in Italy or France. Mario is strong."