Controversial striker Carlos Tevez arrived back in the UK on Tuesday and headed straight to Manchester City's training ground ahead of showdown talks over his future.
Tevez arrives back at Man City
Tevez has not played for City since the infamous Champions League bust-up at Bayern Munich in September, when he was accused of refusing to warm up, and has been in Argentina without City's permission since November 7.
The unsettled 28-year-old failed to secure a move away from Eastlands during the January transfer window, with proposed moves to AC Milan, Inter Milan and PSG all falling through, and he is now looking to resurrect his career at City.
Tevez reported back at City's Carrington training ground on Tuesday afternoon to undergo a fitness test but it is thought he will not meet with manager Roberto Mancinii until Wednesday.
He made one final dig at his manager before leaving Argentina though, claiming he had been "treated like a dog".
The City boss initially said Tevez was "finished" at the club as a result of his behaviour in Munich, but has recently appeared open to the possibility of the striker playing for the Citizens again.
Mancini, however, has previously stated Tevez would need to apologise to be considered for selection.
Tevez said in an interview with Fox Sports in Argentina that he might be willing to say sorry. "I do not think I was wrong, but if they [the club] think so I apologise," he said. "I am ready to return, to win and do the best for the club's shirt."
There have also been suggestions Tevez could drop his appeal to the Premier League against his fine of six weeks' wages - thought to be around £1.2 million - to ease his reintegration.
Tevez also said in the interview he would be ready to play in two weeks' time but City are thought likely to assess his fitness before putting any timescale on a possible return.