Sydney FC

Euro 2016

Horncastle: Italy omissions not surprising

Italy

Marquez critical of Liga MX '8/10' rule

Liga MX

Bolton's Coyle confirms Zaha interest

Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle is keen to bring Crystal Palace starlet Wilfired Zaha to the Reebok Stadium before the end of the transfer window.

Zaha, 19, has emerged as one of English football's brightest prospects over the past 12 months, with the forward helping Palace reach the Carling Cup semi-finals this season.

A flair-filled display in the Eagles' 2-1 victory over Manchester United in November set tongues wagging and Coyle admits he is among the teenager's admirers.

"I think there's players out there, and Zaha is certainly one of them, that I think would enhance our club for years to come on a permanent basis, and there are one or two on a loan capacity I'd love to bring in before the deadline on Tuesday," Coyle said.

"If it transpires then great, but it won't stop me targeting good, young players to bring to this football club that I think I can develop and make better, and that's what I'm trying to do."

Zaha only signed a new five-and-a-half year deal with Palace in December and the Championship side will be desperate to hold onto him, though a £5 million bid may tempt them to sell.

Bolton lost influential centre-back Gary Cahill to Chelsea earlier this month but Coyle has already signed USA defender Tim Ream as his replacement.

Comments