Breno apologises for Bayern criticism
Bayern Munich defender Breno has apologised for criticising his club after being dropped from the first team for a friendly match at the weekend.
The Brazilian has admitted that the remarks, which were made on Twitter but have now been removed, were his own and he has apologised to the Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes.
"There was a talk between Jupp Heynckes and Breno today [Tuesday],'' Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told the club's official website. "Breno admitted that the comments had been tweeted by himself and he has apologised.''
Breno has received plenty of support from his club through a difficult ordeal recently. He was arrested on suspicion of arson after his house in Munich burnt down late last year and the Bavarian club put pressure on prosecutors holding Breno in custody, finally managing to have him released on bail.
They were even able to overturn a decision by the state prosecutors not to let Breno leave the country, enabling the 22-year-old to join the club on their mid-season training camp in Qatar and India.
Despite his criticism, he can still enjoy the club's backing, although he has been given a warning about his future conduct.
"He should avoid doing this in future and I would give him a pale yellow card for this," Rummenigge said. "Despite this unnecessary Twitter announcement, we will still support him.''
Rummenigge claims Breno "misunderstood'' why he had been asked to play for the club's reserve team rather than the first team on Saturday.
"Breno just needs match practice,'' he said. "The coach is pleased with his progress and he has trained well and his weight and motivation are perfect. Everything is spot on.
"Certainly Breno of all people cannot criticise the club or the coach given that we have done everything for him recently.''