Inter Milan president Massimi Moratti has confirmed that his side have made a €25million bid for Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.
Inter claimed last week that they would wait until the derby game with AC Milan on Sunday was out of the way before turning their attentions back to the Argentine and they have wasted little time in launching an official bid.
"There are no secrets in football," Moratti told Controcampo. "The offer is €25 million. Now it is up to City whether they accept that bid or not."
Inter are not the only club chasing Tevez, as PSG have shown an interest, and Moratti added: "However, I do think that there are a number of other clubs who are interested in him. There are some English sides and also Paris St Germain."
Having seen his side beat Serie A champions Milan 1-0, Moratti continued: "At this moment in time it seems that we don't need Tevez, but football gives a different answer on a daily basis. I would keep all of the players that are in the squad right now, but there is still time until the transfer window closes. We'll wait and see."
Milan have pulled out of the latest round of negotiations for the Argentina international, and Inter coach Claudio Ranieri was asked in a succession of post-match interviews about the 27-year-old.
He told Sky Sport Italia: ''You never know. Do we really need him? You journalists certainly do...''
Talking to Rai Sport, Ranieri said: ''If he joins he'll be very welcome.''
And in his press conference, Ranieri said, according to Inter's official website: ''Tevez? If the president wants to give the city of Milan a present... I'm used to working with what I've got.''
Although Inter's offer would have the significant advantage of being a straight transfer, rather than a loan, which City have consistently refused to entertain, it still falls short of the club's €35 million valuation.