Tottenham and QPR target Chris Samba has hinted it is time to quit Blackburn Rovers and suggested he would welcome a move to Paris St Germain.
Blackburn captain Samba, 27, has been heavily linked with a move away from Ewood Park in the January transfer window and has now said that "it is time for a change".
The France-born centre-back has been the subject of a £7 million bid from QPR and Spurs, but he is also being courted by nouveau riche PSG and the Ligue 1 club appear to be his preferred destination.
Samba told French newspaper L'Equipe: "I tried to maintain my level of performance but I sense that it is time for a change. The club doesn't evolve at all. I'm resigned.
"I've always put the interests of the club before my own. I've invested a lot, always tried to lead by example, but things have not gone as I was told. I hope people will understand me.''
PSG have already poached coach Paul Clement from Blackburn to become Carlo Ancelotti's assistant and are now being linked with Samba. The Congo international said he was not aware of any offer from the club but was "flattered" by the reported interest.
"The club has reached another level - it's not the PSG of a few years ago," Samba said. "There is Leonardo, Ancelotti... I'm sure they will bring in great players.
"We shall see if the interest is confirmed or not, but it would be good for me to return home. The most important thing is to find an ambitious club. I would love to experience something different.''
Blackburn boss Steve Kean said he hadn't seen Samba's comments to L'Equipe so couldn't comment, but did reveal his club had already turned down two bids for the in-demand player.
Asked about the matter, though, Kean referred to a statement released by Blackburn last Friday, which stressed that Samba was not for sale.
''I know there has been an article in L'Equipe, but I haven't seen it myself,'' said Kean. ''All I can say is that I have been told that Chris has done an interview. What is definite is that there were two bids from one club which were refused.
''We put out a club statement which was quite strong, saying that Chris was not for sale and as far as I am concerned, there is a line drawn under it.''
He added: ''You would have to ask Chris what he thinks, in terms of whether promises have been broken in his opinion and what they were. All I can say is that he has been excellent when he has played, he is a big player for us and he is not long in to a very long contract, so I hope that he stays here.''