Mancini still bitter about Kompany red
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is adamant Vincent Kompany's challenge on Nani in Sunday's 3-2 FA Cup third round loss against Manchester United did not warrant a straight red card.
City saw their appeal of Chris Foy's decision to dismiss Kompany for a two-footed tackle on Nani at the Etihad Stadium rejected by the Football Association on Tuesday.
The Belgium international will now serve a four-match ban, starting with City's Carling Cup meeting against Liverpool on Wednesday, and Mancini remains frustrated by the absence of his skipper.
Mancini said: "In 30 years I have never seen a sending off for a tackle like this. For me there was no danger. If there was danger, Nani was there, he was the player near the ball. He would have said something about it. He didn't say anything.
"Last week I watched three or four players in the Premier League who made a tackle worse than Vinny, with the same referee. He did nothing. No yellow card. Nothing."
• Catch action from every Barclays Premier League match on your mobile for FREE on the enhanced ESPN Goals app (UK only).