Dalglish denies actions caused trouble
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish insists the club's controversial methods of showing their backing for Luis Suarez have been right and proper and have not "caused trouble".
The Reds came in for criticism for their strongly-worded statement in the wake of Suarez's eight-match ban imposed for using insulting words towards Patrice Evra, with a reference to the Manchester United player's skin colour.
The statement, which insinuated the FA had already made up their minds about the Uruguay international before the investigation was complete and questioned Evra's reliability as a witness, was widely condemned for being unprofessional.
This club then highlighted the fact that Suarez made a video in South African townships during the 2010 World Cup called "From the Streets to the Fields", in which he hails football's "tremendous power of joining people, without any skin, religion and social discrimination".
Liverpool's players issued another statement prior to Wednesday's goalless draw at Wigan and wore T-shirts in the warm-up depicting an image of Suarez with his name and number seven on the back, which caused a further outcry.
However, Dalglish defended the club's stance in giving their full support to Suarez, who is expected to lodge an official appeal against the ban when all the paperwork from the FA investigation arrives at Liverpool in the coming weeks.
"The statement couldn't have caused anyone any trouble and I don't think the players have caused any trouble with the FA either by their statement or support by their T-shirts,''Dalglish said. "If we are not in any trouble we will leave it at that before we do get in any trouble.''
Dalglish said Suarez had been moved by the show of support from the club and his team-mates
"He's been quite emotional and very grateful,'' added the Reds boss. "I don't think it is ever a disappointment when the people you work for give you their undivided support and I think that is the least he deserves.''
Dalglish, aware of how much debate was taking place about the case and the anticipated production of the written summary, said it was a matter of being patient.
"Whenever it is ready,'' was his reply when asked when he expected to receive the documentation. "Most of the people have had their say, we've had our say but we will wait for the judgement and take it from there - but it won't be tomorrow.
"The club have issued the statement, the players have issued their statement visually and verbally, but we have to wait for the written report because no-one knows [what it contains].
"At this moment in time I don't think the club are permitted to go into any further detail than they have done.''