Xherdan Shaqiri passes medical ahead of £12m Stoke move - sources
Xherdan Shaqiri has passed a medical and agreed personal terms on a £12 million move from Inter Milan to Stoke, sources have told ESPN FC.
Shaqiri, 23, was in the stands for Stoke's 1-0 opening defeat to Liverpool on Sunday and will complete a move in the next 24 hours.
The Switzerland midfielder only joined Inter in January from Bayern Munich, but had been linked with a return to Germany with Schalke after a potential move to Stoke collapsed last month.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Stoke boss Mark Hughes told the Stoke Sentinel in July: "We had conversations and I went out to meet the boy. We were able to have good conversations but in the end it wasn't to be.
"It was important we were able to establish that enthusiasm to sense from the player and his people. We got to a point where didn't sense that. As far as I'm aware [it's dead]. We may revisit it but if I'm honest it's probably one that has gone away from us."
However, Shaqiri now looks set to become the latest high-profile signing at the club, who also picked up Marco van Ginkel, Shay Given, Joselu, Philipp Wollscheid, Jakob Haugaard and Real Madrid defensive midfielder Sergio Molina this summer.
Everton are also interested in Shaqiri, but only want a loan deal and Inter are keen to recoup some of the reported £14m they spent on him six months ago.