Fazio waiting for suitable offer, says agent
Sevilla defender Federico Fazio’s agent has said plenty of clubs are interested in signing his client but no suitable offers have yet been received.
With Sevilla president Jose Maria Del Nido revealing that the club need to raise funds to deal with rising debts, saleable assets including centre-forward Alvaro Negredo and Ivan Rakitic have been linked with moves.
Fazio, 25, rated at €6 million, looks the most likely to leave, with Liverpool, Hoffenheim and Zenit Saint Petersburg all reportedly interested.
The Argentina international centre-back’s agent Alvaro Torres told Estadio Deportivo on Tuesday that Bundesliga club Hoffenheim had already had a bid rejected.
“Hoffenheim made an offer, but at the moment it is not something that is acceptable to Sevilla or the player,” Torres said.
“Neither Zenit nor any other Russian club has made a formal offer, although it is true that some clubs have sounded out the possibility.
“No player leaves a club to go somewhere he does not want. The offer must interest both Sevilla and the player.”
Fazio, who joined Sevilla’s youth ranks in 2006 and won a gold medal with his country at the 2008 Olympics, is out of contract at the Estadio Sanchez Pizjuan in 18 months.
Torres said his client had not ruled out the idea of signing a new deal and extending his stay in Andalucia, but added that a decision either way should be made soon.
“There are not many teams who can make multi-million euro offers, which is how Sevilla value him,” he said. “The options are few. Fede is delighted here, we will see what happens in the days that are left.
“At the moment, it looks unlikely he will leave [this month]. But he has only 18 months left on his contract and Sevilla will want to get a good fee. Either they sell him or offer him a new deal.”