Celta Vigo captain Borja Oubina has told Marca he is looking forward to hearing coach Luis Enrique's explanation for meeting with Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta on Monday.
With Gerardo Martino set to leave the Camp Nou in the summer, former Barca player and Barca B coach Enrique is now widely expected to take his place next season, with alternative option Ernesto Valverde showing no signs of wanting to leave Athletic Bilbao.
On Monday, cameras from TV station La Sexta captured Zubizarreta entering Enrique's house in Catalonia, with Mundo Deportivo and Sport reporting that the pair had met to discuss plans for Barca's transfer business ahead of next season.
Celta midfielder Oubina, though, said he had heard nothing from Enrique about his future plans but would ask when he saw him at training on Tuesday.
"I found out about the meeting from the TV," Oubina told Marca. "I have no news about what Luis Enrique said in the club when he came back from meeting with Barcelona. We will see what he says tomorrow when the team returns to training."
Enrique took charge at Celta last summer but, when news emerged that Tito Vilanova would not be able to continue as Barca boss, he had been touted as a candidate for the role before then Barca president Sandro Rosell recruited Martino.
However, Oubina said there had been no issues around the Asturian's commitment to his current club throughout the campaign.
"Last summer we had a similar situation with the boss and in the end he stayed with us," the former Spain international said. "The coach is working the same as always -- nothing has changed. His commitment, despite all the noise there is, has remained the same."
Celta are currently eighth in La Liga.