Previous
Fulham
Queens Park Rangers
11:45 AM UTC
Game Details
Next

No recent activity

 By Ben Gladwell

Massimiliano Allegri says Alex Sandro is staying at Juventus

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has said Chelsea target Alex Sandro will remain with the Serie A champions this summer.

Chelsea had been expected to sign Sandro, 26, in a deal worth around £60 million, but Allegri has insisted the left-back is staying put.

"Alex Sandro is a Juve player, he's extraordinary and he's not moving from here," Allegri said after his side's friendly victory over Roma.

"He's improved a lot since he arrived here and he still has margin for improvement. Together with Marcelo, I think he is the best full-back in the world."

Alex Sandro's goal capped Juventus' win on Saturday.
Alex Sandro was strongly linked with a move to Chelsea earlier this summer.

Sandro joined Juve from Porto in 2015 and made 27 appearances in Serie A last season, having played 22 times during his first campaign in Italy.

Following Patrice Evra's move to Marseille, he has become Juve's first-choice full-back or wing-back on the left.

Ben Gladwell reports on Serie A, the Italian national team and the Bundesliga for ESPN FC, UEFA and the Press Association. @UEFAcomBenG.

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.