Alexandre Pato: I'd love to play in the Champions League again
Former AC Milan forward Alexandre Pato says he wants to play in the Champions League again one day, despite insisting that he is happy at Sao Paulo for the time being.
Pato, 25, made 150 appearances for the Rossoneri, scoring 63 goals, although his time in Serie A was disrupted by injury.
The Brazil striker made just four Serie A appearances in the 2012-13 season -- his last with Milan -- and, after arriving at Corinthians, he criticised Milan's medical team for treating him badly.
However, Pato now admits he misses playing in Europe, and in one competition in particular.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"I'd love to play in the Champions League again," he told Lancenet. "There's still time for that, though; time to find a solution. I would like to continue playing for Sao Paulo."
The striker is currently on loan at Sao Paulo from Corinthians, where he is due to return in January, but hopes to stay where he is for now.
"I'd like to stay in Sao Paulo, but Europe's not a closed chapter yet," he said. "There's a lot being said about my future, but I have a contract with Corinthians and I'm obliged to go back there at the end of the year.
"Lots of people are trying to sell me, pretending to have my authorisation to talk to other clubs. But it's not true. I only have one agent so anybody else who claims I can join this or that other club is only lying."