Previous
Aston Villa
Leicester City
6:00 AM UTC
Game Details
Newcastle United
Southampton
6:00 AM UTC
Game Details
Norwich City
Sheffield United
6:00 AM UTC
Game Details
Brighton & Hove Albion
Wolverhampton Wanderers
8:30 AM UTC
Game Details
Next

No recent activity

 By Ben Gladwell

Schalke star Julian Draxler yet to agree Juventus deal - agent

Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler's agent says his client has not yet accepted an offer from Juventus, contrary to reports in Italy.

Schalke have given Juve permission to talk to Draxler and La Gazzetta dello Sport claimed on Wednesday that the Germany international had agreed to join them, leaving only a fee to be discussed with his club.

However, agent Roger Wittmann insists that is not the case and that the 21-year-old is still considering his future.

"There is no agreement so there can be no talk of that," Wittmann told RevierSport. "Jule's considering a few things, but that has been the case every summer."

Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt also indicated that the deal is far from certain, telling kicker: "Until now, Juventus haven't made us an offer and, even if one comes, we are in the position to refuse."

The Royal Blues are keen on getting something near to the €45 million release clause Draxler had in his contract up to the end of last month but Juve, who are set to earn around €35 million from the sale of Arturo Vidal to Bayern Munich, are reportedly determined not to go any higher than €25m.

Meanwhile, Schalke may have found a replacement for Draxler within their own club.

Sidney Sam, who was suspended for indiscipline towards the end of last season and was on the verge of joining Eintracht Frankfurt earlier this month before failing a medical, is to be reinstated to the Royal Blues' first-team squad.

"He called me last month and we had a long chat," Schake coach Andre Breitenreiter told the club's official website. "He was very apologetic and also humble. He would like to do the things he hasn't done so well in the past much better and so he asked for a second chance.

"I got feedback from the rest of the squad and in the end, we want to give him this chance. We've all made mistakes at some point or other. Even Horst Heldt has given his okay. Of course he owes us something and now he's got to put his words into action."

Schalke have also announced the signing of former Fulham full-back Sascha Riether.

Riether, 32, joins on a one-year deal after leaving Freiburg, who were relegated from the Bundesliga last season.

With Japanese international Atsuto Uchida, 27, set to miss most of the first half of the upcoming campaign through injury, Schalke sought out Riether to help provide cover at right-back.

"Sascha Riether is an experienced player who will be good for our young team," Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt said on the club's official website.

The deal for Riether, who earned two caps for Germany, includes an option to extend his contract by a further year.

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.