Robin van Persie having Fenerbahce medical ahead of United exit - sources
Robin van Persie is undergoing a medical with Fenerbahce as he is set to leave Manchester United and join the Turkish club, sources told ESPN FC.
Van Persie, 31, who is expected to sign a four-year deal with the Turkish Super Lig runners-up, is having a medical in London on Thursday.
Fenerbahce have confirmed talks are underway with United regarding a deal for the striker, with the former reportedly sending a statement to the Istanbul Stock Exchange confirming the transfer.
Fenerbahce has begun to transfer talks with Robin Van Persie and his club Manchester United.- Fenerbahce_EN (@Fenerbahce_EN) July 9, 2015
Van Persie, who cost United £24 million when he joined from Arsenal in 2012, has been discussing personal terms with Fenerbahce.
He is on the brink of ending his three-year United career and becoming the second player, after Nani, to swap Old Trafford for Istanbul this week.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Van Persie has been motivated to move after losing his place as United's first-choice striker to Wayne Rooney in the final weeks of last season.
He only managed 10 goals in an injury-hit campaign, compared to the 30 he managed in 2012-13 when he was United's top scorer.
In total, Van Persie who also struck 132 times for Arsenal, has managed 57 goals in 105 games in all competitions for United.
Manager Louis van Gaal has admitted he could not guarantee his compatriot, who captained Netherlands when they finished third in the 2014 World Cup, would be at Old Trafford again next season.
Van Persie has stated he is keen to give himself the best possible chance of retaining his place in the Netherlands team for Euro 2016.
His imminent departure increases United's need to sign another forward after Van Gaal opted not to sign on-loan Radamel Falcao, who only struck four times in his sole season at Old Trafford and recently joined Chelsea on loan.