Santos continue pursuit of Robinho
Santos have changed tack in their attempts to sign Robinho from AC Milan by hiring Marisa Ramos as an adviser instead of renowned agent Mina Raiola, according to reports in the Brazilian media.
Ramos told Lancenet on Wednesday that Raiola does not have authority to negotiate a deal for Robinho and denied reports that the striker has asked for €925,000 per month.
"He [Robinho] accepts that he will earn less than that to play for Santos and he is willing to reduce his actual salary," Ramos said.
"I spoke to Santos vice-president Odilio Rodrigues for the first time last week to study the Robinho situation. If someone else negotiated on his behalf, then they were not authorised to do so.
"What does Robinho think about all this? He was very irritated to hear Santos talk about certain wage demands that he had never made. I don’t know where that money was meant to go, but not to Robinho or Milan. I will talk to Milan over the next few days."
It has been suggested that the former Real Madrid and Manchester City player, who began his career at Santos, has lowered his wage demand from €400,000 to €340,000, while the Rossoneri are ready to accept a deal in the region of €8-10 million.
Robinho’s father, Gilvan de Souza concurred, telling Lancenet: "I saw Mino Raiola only once and we are not friends. The only people who deal with Robinho’s affairs are me and our lawyer Marisa Ramos."
With his contract due to expire in August 2014, Robinho wants to return to play in Brazil, claiming a move will give him more visibility in order to vie for a spot in the Selecao’s 2014 World Cup squad.