Karim Benzema to miss Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid through injury
Karim Benzema has been ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League quarterfinal second leg with Atletico Madrid due to a knee injury.
Benzema, 27, was substituted in the 76th minute of Real's 0-0 draw with Atletico Madrid in their first meeting last week.
The France international missed Saturday's 3-1 win over Malaga and will be absent for Wednesday's meeting with Atletico at the Bernabeu.
- VIDEO: Can Bayern rebound at home v.s Porto?
- Brassell: Pep and Ancelotti must prove themselves
- Roden: Messi, Suarez and Neymar the best ever?
- Rzouki: More than a semi at stake for Juve
- Walker: Atletico must own the midfield area
- Johnson: Ibrahimovic return offers hope for PSG
- Delaney: UCL still football's most elusive prize
Real confirmed on their official website that Benzema has suffered a "sprain to the medial collateral ligament of his right knee."
Benzema has scored 22 goals in all competitions for Los Blancos this season.
AS reports that it is not yet clear for how long Benzema will be sidelined. Modric's recovery time is estimated at six weeks and Benzema's injury is similar.