Madrid Castilla defender to join Betis
Madrid Castilla right-back Juanfran Moreno has said he is joining Betis on a free transfer this summer.
Juanfran, 22, who made his senior debut for Getafe in 2007-08 but has played for Castilla since 2009, had long been rumoured to have agreed terms with the Andalucian side.
And after his side’s 4-0 Segunda Division win over Alcorcon on Sunday, the Madrid-born defender, who has been ever-present for Castilla this season, said the move had been confirmed.
“I signed a good while ago,” he told AS. “But I have not spoken about it at all because I have been focused here and wanted to end the season well.”
He said his aim was to hold down a regular place in the Primera Division, adding: “I hope to fight for a place and to be first choice. I am going with the intention of playing, to do well and to help the team achieve its objectives.”
Juanfran used Twitter to voice his delight when Betis clinched a Europa league spot with a final day 1-1 draw at Levante on Saturday.
"Congratulations to @RBetisOficial for its European classification,” his tweet said. “Next year we will enjoy Europe together!!! Viva Betis...".
felicitar al @rbetisoficial por su clasificacion europea....el año aue viene disfrutaremos juntos de europa!!! Viva el Betis..— Juanfran moreno (@Juanfran_MF) June 2, 2013
Betis are set for a busy summer, with many more new faces expected to arrive and 13 of last season's squad now out of contract.
Of these, first-choice goalkeeper Adrian San Miguel, 26, is reportedly close to signing for West Ham on a free transfer, while midfielder David Canas, also 26, is expected to join Swansea in a similar deal.