Ruud van Nistelrooy to join PSV Eindhoven coaching staff
Ruud van Nistelrooy will join the coaching staff at PSV Eindhoven from next season.
Former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker Van Nistelrooy will coach the strikers in the club's under-17, U19 and reserve teams, the Eredivisie side announced in a statement.
The 39-year-old will leave his position as an assistant to Netherlands boss Danny Blind.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"I'm really looking forward to my new job at PSV, where I'm going to help the young attackers maximise their potential," he said.
Van Nistelrooy made his name as a striker with PSV before joining Manchester United where he enjoyed a prolific five-year spell.