Porto goalkeeper Iker Casillas is a target for Major League Soccer franchise New York City FC, a source has told ESPN FC.
New York City, under head coach Patrick Vieira, are keen to strengthen their squad after a disappointing first campaign last season in MLS.
Manchester's City's sister club already have former Chelsea star Frank Lampard, Italian playmaker Andrea Pirlo and ex-Barcelona striker David Villa in their squad.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Delaney: Mourinho is Man United's only option
- Evans: Oscar, not Terry, vital to Chelsea's future
- Lowe: Neville aware of his Valencia situation
- Moran: Mexican goalkeeping at a crossroads
- FIFA: Scandal FAQs | Dall: Prem spotlight
- Previews: Barca must stay hungry | Chelsea-Man Utd
- FC TV: Neymar tops Ronaldo? | Players and Pep? | Prem race
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
A source told ESPN FC that New York City have held a long-term interest in...