Neymar given clearance to make PSG debut at Guingamp on Sunday
Neymar will be available to make his Paris Saint-Germain debut away at Guingamp this weekend after Barcelona cashed the entire €222 million fee paid to trigger the player's release.
The 25-year-old was unable to make his maiden PSG appearance in the 2-0 win over Amiens at Parc des Princes on Saturday because Barca had not confirmed that they had received the fee in full, which meant his international transfer certificate could not be granted.
Neymar's world-record move from Barcelona went through last week, and he was unveiled before the match against Amiens. PSG coach Unai Emery said he was not sure "Spain did everything" to ensure Neymar would be cleared to play without delay.
Barcelona said there was nothing strange about the situation and the wait was due to the banks, denying speculation that they slowed the process in retaliation for PSG luring one of their top stars out of the Camp Nou.
The French Football Federation "confirmed receipt of the certificate of transfer of @neymarjr sent by the RFEF [Spanish FA]" in a tweet on Friday, with PSG confirming the news later in the day.
La FFF confirme la réception du certificat de transfert de @neymarjr envoyé par la RFEF— FFF (@FFF) August 11, 2017
Neymar's transfer will now be ratified, meaning the final hurdle for Neymar to make his PSG bow on Sunday has now been cleared.
Meanwhile, a source close to PSG has told ESPN FC that Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe is keen on a move to the club to form a new-look attack with Neymar.
Jonathan Johnson covers PSG and the French national team for ESPN FC. Twitter: @Jon_LeGossip.