Brazil's clubs need to be strengthened, especially at the academy level, if the country is to recover its place among the game's elite, said a group of ex-players and coaches formed to improve the country's football on Monday.
The newly-formed Counsel of Strategic Development for Brazilian football met for the first time at confederation headquarters in Rio de Janeiro to discuss the direction of the sport in the country.
CHILE WIN COPA AMERICA
- Vickery: Copa America team of the tournament
- Marcotti: Chile's triumph of collective spirit
- Vickery: Deja vu for defeated Argentina
- Delaney: Chile get it right against Messi
- Sampaoli savours Copa America success
- FC TV: Messi misses out | Not an open game
- Report: Chile win first-ever Copa America
The group consisting of current national team coach Dunga, technical director...