Arsenal are optimistic that Laurent Koscielny will return to action for the Champions League clash with Bayern Munich later this month, sources have told ESPN FC.
Koscielny, who suffered a hamstring injury in Arsenal's shock 3-2 defeat at home to Olympiakos, was expected to be out of action for three weeks.
The central defender missed last weekend's 3-0 win over Manchester United and he was forced to withdraw from international duty with France this week.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Klopp is right for Liverpool | Marcotti: Mancini's gamble
- Brewin: England, Ireland Euro chances | 5 things to watch for
- Parkhurst: Playing in U.S.-Mex | Oral history of rivalry
- Hunter: Four areas to fix in Barca crisis | Messi tax row
- Quiz: Premier League season so far | Arsenal's new shape
- FC TV: Benitez too defensive | Chelsea need change
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
However, Koscielny is making a quicker...