Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema is expected to be sidelined for three weeks after tests on Saturday revealed the France forward has suffered a muscle injury to his left leg.
Benzema was injured during Les Bleus' 4-0 friendly win over Armenia in Nice on Thursday and returned to Spain to undergo further examination.
A statement from Real read: "Following tests carried out today on Karim Benzema by Real Madrid's medical services, a muscle injury in the biceps femoris in his left leg has been confirmed.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Rating Klopp's news conference | Why he chose Liverpool
- Delaney: Roman backs Mourinho | Walcott central | England
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- Top 10 : International rivalries | Vickery on CONMEBOL
- McIntyre: Klinsmann's test | Marshall: Mexico chaos | Picks
- FC TV: Power Rankings | Tension in Madrid? | Prem top four
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS