Southampton are expecting to complete a deal for Toby Alderweireld after Atletico Madrid failed to cancel the buy-out clause in time.
The 26-year-old spent a highly-successful season on loan at St. Mary's last term after finding playing time limited at the Vicente Calderon Stadium.
- Transfer Talk: Daily roundup | Done deals
- Rumour Rater: Ramos, Vidal and Benteke
- Nani set for Fenerbahce | United firm on De Gea fee
- Liverpool sign Barcelona teenager Adekanye
- Marotta: Pogba won't be sold | €80m bid rejected
- Smith: Invest in defenders | Jolly: Stars free in 2016
- Brewin: Liverpool's unwanted XI | Yokhin on Douglas
- FC TV: Gab-O'Meter on Schneiderlin | Real Madrid's needs?
Alderweireld's performances have led to interest from the likes of Tottenham, with reports on Sunday suggesting that they had agreed a deal with the Spanish club.
However, Southampton remain confident of signing the Belgium...