CARSON, California -- LA Galaxy midfielder Stefan Ishizaki intends to sign with a team in his native Sweden after mutually parting ways with the Major League Soccer franchise.
Ishizaki and Galaxy coach Bruce Arena announced the veteran's decision last weekend and confirmed it on Monday.
MLS POWER RANKINGS
- July 6: Idle Sporting Kansas City stay top
- June 29: Sounders tumble; Sporting KC peak
- June 22: Sounders stay top; D.C. on the rise
- June 15: Seattle's rout of Dallas keeps it at first
- June 8: Kansas City challenges Seattle at the top
- June 1: Seattle still first, Galaxy make their move
- May 25: Seattle Sounders the team to beat
The 33-year-old Ishizaki spent the last 1 1/2 seasons with the Galaxy, scoring six goals. He played a regular role as a midfielder on last season's MLS Cup champion team after spending nearly his entire pro career...