Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is likely to miss this weekend's Premier League opener at West Ham due to the ankle injury he picked up in training on Saturday, Press Association Sport reports.
Wilshere, 23, was left out of the squad that beat Chelsea 1-0 in the Community Shield at Wembley on Sunday.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Direct Arsenal bunt Chelsea | Ratings: Arsenal | Chelsea
- Tyler: Prem survival guide | Lindberg: Managerial volatility
- Toe Poke: Top 1-50 shirt numbers | Walcott must justify deal
- Brewin: Can Harry Kane succeed again? | Top four hope
- Burton: Prem's breakout players | Darke club-by-club guide
- Jones: Gerrard in L.A. | Parker: All-Star format needs tweak?
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ESPN FC TV | Fantasy
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said in his news conference after the match that he only expected Wilshere to be out for "days," but PA Sport reports that the England international is unlikely to recover...