Hannover have suspended three youth academy players who planned to rob a local casino, the Bundesliga club have confirmed.
The three youngsters only changed their plans at the last minute when they were on their way to the venue in a car with a stolen number plate. They were armed with gas pistols and balaclavas.
Hannover confirmed that the incident took place to several news outlets in Germany, with Bild breaking the story on Monday afternoon.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Evans: Chelsea, Man Utd learn little | Brewin: Costa denies
- Delaney: Arsenal ease | Macintosh: Leicester dream | TOTW
- Ratings: Man United | Arsenal | Man City | Spurs | Liverpool
- Corrigan: Modric winner saves Madrid | FIFA scandal FAQ
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | U.S. friendly wins
- FC TV: Pochettino a genius | Fan walkout affected Liverpool
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
When returning from the aborted robbery, the youth...