SANTIAGO, Chile -- The president of CONMEBOL says it needs "total and absolute change" after becoming engulfed in the FIFA corruption scandal.
Juan Angel Napout said on Saturday in an exclusive interview with The Associated Press that South American soccer's governing body was carrying out audits and was willing to collaborate with the ongoing investigation by U.S. and Swiss authorities.
- Blatter resigns presidency | What you need to know | Social
- Blatter slams U.S. and UEFA | Election win sealed
- Scala urges Blatter to stop | "I haven't resigned" - Blatter
- Maradona to run for president? | Putin on Russia 2018
- Marcotti: What's next? | Chaudhary: Ali unsettles Sepp
- FIFA officials arrested at dawn in Zurich | The defendants
- Munson: The legal implications | What has been said
- Explainer: FIFA's ugly game | Timeline of corruption
Until now, Napout had been silent since the scandal broke out a month ago. He spoke to AP in Santiago, on his...