It would be a pity if Lionel Messi succumbed to criticism of Argentina's Copa America loss to Chile and opted to leave the national team, said Luis Segura, president of the Argentine Football Association, on Tuesday.
CHILE WIN COPA AMERICA
- Vickery: Copa America team of the tournament
- Marcotti: Chile's triumph of collective spirit
- Vickery: Deja vu for defeated Argentina
- Delaney: Chile get it right against Messi
- Sampaoli savours Copa America success
- FC TV: Messi misses out | Not an open game
- Report: Chile win first-ever Copa America
Segura was responding to unconfirmed reports from Argentine daily Ole that suggested, based on Messi's recent Facebook post, that the Barcelona star was tired of criticism in his own country and would take a break from the national team.
"I don't understand why people want to argue...