Taggart extends Newcastle Jets contract
The A-League's leading goal-scorer Adam Taggart has earned himself a one-year contract extension with the Newcastle Jets.
The 20-year-old striker has been in impressive form in the opening rounds of the season, scoring six goals in three weeks - including a hat-trick against Melbourne Heart last Sunday.
Taggart said it was an exciting time to be a part of the Jets, who are sitting third on the ladder after three straight victories.
"We've been talking for quite a while and it's great that we've come to an agreement," he said on Thursday.
"A massive thing for me was just coming off the field last week and having that standing ovation.
"That made me really feel a massive part of Newcastle in me, so the deal was definitely something I couldn't say no to.
"The thought in my head was that it would be great to experience that week-in and week-out now, so the fans played a massive part in me re-signing."
Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby labelled Taggart one of the most promising talents in the country and said securing him for the 2014/2015 season was a boost for the club.
"It has been wonderful to see Adam's development during his time at the Jets and we look forward to that continuing next season," Middleby said.