Previous
Ivory Coast
Togo
0
0
FT
Game Details
Congo DR
Morocco
1
0
FT
Game Details
Torino
AC Milan
2
2
FT
Game Details
Málaga
Real Sociedad
0
2
FT
Game Details
Braga
Tondela
2
0
LIVE 90' +3'
Game Details
Osmanlispor
Besiktas
0
2
FT
Game Details
Wellington Phoenix FC
Melbourne Victory
6:45 AM UTC Jan 17, 2017
Game Details
Next
NapoliNapoli
SpeziaSpezia
3
1
FT
Game Details
NapoliNapoli
SampdoriaSampdoria
2
1
FT
Game Details
FiorentinaFiorentina
NapoliNapoli
3
3
FT
Game Details
NapoliNapoli
TorinoTorino
5
3
FT
Game Details
 By Ben Gladwell

Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly has 'plenty of suitors' - agent

Fans show their support for Kalidou Koulibaly at the weekend.

Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly would have plenty of clubs interested in his services if he chose to leave this summer, according to his agent.

Koulibaly, 24, hit the headlines last week when he was the victim of racial taunting by Lazio fans during a Serie A fixture at the Stadio Olimpico last week.

Referee Massimiliano Irrati halted the game against Lazio for three minutes and 40 seconds before conducting it to its conclusion and Lazio were subsequently punished with a partial stadium closure for their next two home games.

Napoli fans showed their backing for the Senegalese defender at their 1-0 win over Carpi at the weekend by holding up pictures of Koulibaly's face.

And the Senegal international's representative, Bruno Satin, insisted that his client's eye-catching performances on the pitch made him a likely transfer candidate when the market reopens in the summer.

"Koulibaly has become a key member of Napoli's squad," Satin told Radio Crc. "Football is a funny old game and a player like him, with his characteristics, can have plenty of suitors."

Koulibaly thanked the Napoli fans for their support via Instagram, writing: "It was an unforgettable moment for me! Thanks to all the fans who once again made the San Paolo so beautiful with this memorable gesture for me and for the whole world. This win is even more for you! THANKS."

Irrati told La Gazzetta dello Sport that the defender had thanked him for his actions, even though the chanting continued after play had been halted.

"Of course I was disappointed to hear the chants continue as soon as the game recommenced -- it was embarrassing," he said. "The situation was truly embarrassing for anybody who has a conscience and is a good person.

"In any case, it was not in my powers to abandon the game because there are public safety issues that I don't know about. I was pleased when, after the game, [Koulibaly] thanked me, telling me that I had been courageous."

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.