Edinson Cavani has told Mediaset that Napoli “know how I feel and what I want” as speculation linking the striker with a move away from the Serie A club intensifies almost daily.
Last week, club president Aurelio Di Laurentiis publicly announced the inclusion of a €63 million buyout clause in the 25-year-old’s contract after revealing he had turned down a €55 million bid in July. Mediaset reports that Zenit St Petersburg were the club in question.
Now, speaking after he scored a perfect hat-trick in Napoli’s 4-1 win over Roma on Sunday, the Uruguayan was less than clear on where he sees himself in the future.
"I have an objective and the club know what I want,” he said. “I have a clear idea about my future but now is not the time to openly discuss it. I am content at this club. I feel very good here and I want to go through the good and the bad moments. All I want to say is that the club know how I feel and what I want."
De Laurentiis himself said that "turning down a €55 million offer last summer was the right choice”, before going on to add that, should a club meet the fixed price in his contract - which expires in 2017 - “it's up to Edi to decide whether he wants to leave”.
He added: "[Cavani] will probably stay if the offer comes from Russia but might consider leaving if Real Madrid or Barcelona make a move."
- Pick your Premier League fantasy squad for the second half of the season now and challenge your friends.