Confusion over Younes Belhanda future
Montpellier president Louis Nicollin has suggested Younes Belhanda could return to the club as Dynamo Kiev have not paid the player's transfer fee in full -- claims the Ukrainian side have denied.
Belhanda, 24, moved to Dynamo last summer, signing a five-year contract following a switch that was reportedly worth 10 million euros to the Ligue 1 outfit.
However, in an interview with Midi Libre, Nicollin has claimed that Dynamo have not yet come through with the total amount owed for the Morocco international.
"Kiev have not yet paid the full amount of the transfer fee," he said. "We've informed UEFA, and it's possible Younes will come back to be sold elsewhere. Unless he wants to lower his salary and play for Montpellier again. If he's reasonable, I would take him with pleasure."
News of Belhanda's potential availability could alert former suitors such as Arsenal, who had been expected to make a move for the playmaker, before he decided to leave the club where he progressed from a youth academy prospect to make a significant contribution to the 2011-12 Ligue 1 title win.
Dynamo president Igor Surkis, however, has told football.ua that Nicollin and he had ironed out any problems.
"I spoke to the Montpellier president 10 minutes ago. Everything is clear between us, there is no misunderstanding,” he said. “The words that were attributed to him were invented from the start. The French press are trying to cause a sensation. The payment was made on Aug. 1. There are no problems, no debts and no complaints lodged with FIFA."