Michael Carrick: Manchester United star Anthony Martial is 'unplayable'
Manchester United forward Anthony Martial has been described as "unplayable" by teammate Michael Carrick after his outstanding display helped see off Derby in the FA Cup fourth round.
The Frenchman created goals for Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata as United won 3-1 at the iPro Stadium on Friday, and midfielder Carrick said his display had been "fantastic."
He told The Mirror: "He has that ability. He's shown that from day one since his debut against Liverpool, when he scored.
"We have to realise how good he is, and we can't expect everything from him all the time.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"But when he's in that kind of form, he's pretty much unplayable -- and so it's nice to have him playing for us."
Mata, whose late third goal finished off the tie, added: "I'm always really impressed with him.
"He does a lot of good things. He can beat opponents one against one, score goals or play it back to people like he did for me and our third goal.
"He has unbelievable potential. He has to keep calm, which he is doing, and show that kind of form in every game."