Man City ponder Kelechi Iheanacho Champions League squad inclusion
Manchester City are still to make a decision on whether to register Nigerian striker Kelechi Iheanacho for the knockout stages of the Champions League.
Iheanacho, 19, missed out on selection for the group stage as City had already filled their quota of 17 overseas players in their 25-man squad.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
It had been suggested the Nigerian, who has impressed since being elevated to the first-team squad this season, could replace the injured Samir Nasri on their roster for the remainder of the competition.
But with Nasri -- who has been sidelined since October after thigh muscle and tendon surgery which required nearly 100 stitches -- now expressing hope of returning to training earlier than expected in March, the situation is being monitored.
City manager Manuel Pellegrini said: "I have not decided yet but we are thinking about that.
"We are going to have the report of the doctor one day before we must send the new list of the Champions League and then we will decide."
City must submit their squad list to competition organisers UEFA by Feb. 2. They face Dynamo Kiev in the last 16 with the first leg in the Ukrainian capital on Feb. 24.