AC Ajaccio
7:00 PM UTC May 25, 2018
ESPN3 6:45 PM UTC May 26, 2018
Aston Villa
Fulham
4:00 PM UTC May 26, 2018

Man City boss Manuel Pellegrini: Pep Guardiola need not apologise

MANCHESTER -- Manuel Pellegrini has said he did not require an apology from Pep Guardiola after the reported Manchester City target confirmed he wants to manage in the Premier League.

Guardiola revealed in December that he will leave German champions Bayern Munich at the end of the season, and he has since confirmed that he intends to take on a new challenge in England

Guardiola said that he had a number of offers from English clubs but City is seen by many as his expected destination next season.

The former Barcelona manager apologised for his remarks, but City boss Pellegrini told a news conference: "I'm not worried about that. I don't think he has to apologise to me.

"I have nothing to say about that. It's the same thing I said three or four weeks ago. I'm not worried about the future.

"My target is to try to win the Premier League this year, to try to be involved in every competition until the end, and to try to win another competition more.

"If I finish the year with those achievements, I will be very happy."

Pellegrini, who signed a contract extension until 2017 in August, has said previously that he would like to see Guardiola manage at City in the future

Jonathan is ESPN FC's Manchester City correspondent. Follow him on Twitter: @jonnysmiffy.

Comments