Joe Hart: I'll hang on to City No. 1 spot
Joe Hart has vowed to fight to keep his place in the Manchester City side after new signing Willy Caballero arrived to threaten his position as first-choice goalkeeper.
Caballero joined for 4.4. million pounds from Malaga, for whom he had been signed by City manager Manuel Pellegrini, and the Argentine -- who was a regular in his days in Spain -- played in City's Community Shield defeat to Arsenal.
But Hart returned for the start of the Premier League season and kept a clean sheet in Sunday's 2-0 win over Newcastle.
And the England international said he was determined to do whatever it takes to stay in the defending champions' team.
"It suits me. I'm a fighter, I've been a fighter all my life. I'll continue to do that. I'll carry on trying to perform to my best and hopefully keeping clean sheets," Hart told the Manchester Evening News.
"I wouldn't say it's given me an extra edge because I've always had an edge. Caballero is a great signing."
Hart has been City's first-choice goalkeeper since displacing Shay Given in 2010, although Pellegrini did drop him for seven league games in November and December 2013 when Costel Pantilimon deputised.
Now the Romanian has left the Etihad Stadium and Hart accepts he faces a tougher battle with Caballero, adding: "We were sorry to lose Pantilimon to Sunderland, and we wish him well, but Willy has come in. We know he's a great keeper and what he's done at Malaga. He wants to play as much as I do.
"But I've got the place at the moment and I'm going to do everything I can to keep it. You always want to look to improve, whether it's small margins or big margins."