Man City not after Cesc Fabregas
Manchester City are not interested in Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas and are adamant that Sergio Aguero is not for sale, a source has told ESPN FC.
Aguero, 26, has been linked with a move to Barca, with his father Lionel del Castillo Aguero saying the striker would "love" to go to the Camp Nou.
Reports have also suggested that Fabregas, 27, could head to the Etihad Stadium in a part-exchange deal for the Argentina international.
However, City are insistent that Aguero will not be going anywhere, while they have no intention of bidding for Fabregas, regardless of whether the deal involves the former Atletico Madrid player.
Fabregas is reportedly set to leave Barcelona this summer after three seasons at the Camp Nou, with suggestions he is available for 30 million pounds.
The midfielder, who was a target for Manchester United last year, has scored 42 goals in 151 games since leaving Arsenal for 35 million pounds in 2011.
Fabregas established a reputation as one of the Premier League's best midfielders during his time at Arsenal, scoring 57 goals in 303 games.
However, Yaya Toure has been prolific in a similar role for City, scoring 24 times last season, and the Premier League champions remain determined to keep hold of the Ivory Coast international, despite a bizarre stand-off that began when the player's agent claimed the club did not do enough to celebrate his client's birthday.
Aguero, who turned 26 on June 2, has been consistently linked with a return to Spain since joining City from Atletico in 2011.
Like Toure, he signed a four-year contract in 2013, committing himself to City until 2017, and manager Manuel Pellegrini has always maintained the striker is happy and that he does not want to sell him.
Aguero, who scored 28 goals last season, has struck 75 times in his three years in England, and Aguero Snr said he thought City would make it "impossible" for his son to leave the club.