Galaxy deny Rio Ferdinand rumours
LA Galaxy president Chris Klein denied his club is trying to lure former England defender Rio Ferdinand to his club.
"No truth to the rumor. Rio is a great player but we do not have an interest and there have been no discussions between LA Galaxy and Rio Ferdinand," Klein said via email on Monday.
U.K. media reports claimed that the Manchester United veteran, who has not played regularly under David Moyes, was in search of a new club as his one-year contract expires in the summer.
Near the end of last season, Galaxy denied rumours it was chasing Lazio striker Miroslav Klose.
If Ferdinand did decide to play in MLS he would likely be signed as a designated player. At the present time, the Galaxy already have the maximum number of DPs on their roster with Robbie Keane, Landon Donovan, and Omar Gonzalez all signing contract extensions in the last year.
Moyes has previously said thatFerdinand, 35, still has a part to play at Manchester United.
Last month, Ferdinand said he would be interested in managing in the Premier League by 2019 and suggested it may be in London.