Liverpool's Mamadou Sakho won't contest failed drugs test - report
Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has decided not to challenge the results of his failed drugs test, according to Press Association Sport.
France international Sakho has opted not to request his B sample be tested ahead of Tuesday's deadline after his initial failed test, which was reported to have revealed traces of a fat-burning substance.
Sakho was left out of Saturday's draw with Newcastle after it emerged UEFA had flagged up an apparent anti-doping violation relating to a banned substance as a result of a test following the Europa League tie at Manchester United last month.
Liverpool issued a statement on Saturday in which they said Sakho is not currently being considered for selection.
However, because the allegations relate to the player only, Liverpool are not expected to make any further comment until the defender and UEFA have resolved the matter.
Sakho was not on the team's flight on Wednesday lunchtime for their Europa League semifinal first leg in Villarreal and BBC Sport says the centre-back is unlikely to play again this season.
The Liverpool Echo, meanwhile, has reported that Sakho will plead mitigating factors.