Liverpool's Jordon Ibe set to miss four weeks with knee injury
Liverpool winger Jordon Ibe is set to miss the next four weeks with knee ligament damage, sources have told ESPN FC.
Ibe, 19, suffered the injury during Thursday's Europa League round-of-32 second-leg defeat against Besiktas in Turkey.
Scans have shown that Ibe has suffered damage to his lateral collateral ligament.
The teenager missed Sunday's 2-1 Premier League victory over Manchester City because of the injury.
Ibe has become a key member of Liverpool's side since being recalled early from a season-long loan at Championship side Derby in January.
- Macintosh: Can needs LFC midfield role
- Usher: Rodgers' aversion to defensive midfielders
- City green light £50 Sterling bid - sources
- Can targeting midfield role at Anfield
- Liverpool could win out on Sterling deal
- Ings vows to take Anfield chance
- Clubs must pay Bacca release fee - Sevilla
Manager Brendan Rodgers has been using him as a right wing-back in a 3-4-3 formation, and has repeatedly praised the maturity of his performances.
Sources told ESPN FC last month that the youngster is set to earn a new, improved contract at Anfield.