Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says specialists have told him Loic Remy "does not have a problem to play football" a month after the striker's proposed move to Liverpool broke down because of a failed medical.
- Worrall: Recovered Costa crushes Everton
QPR boss Harry Redknapp confirmed after his side's 1-0 victory against Sunderland on Saturday that Remy was to join Chelsea to replace the AC Milan-bound Fernando Torres, with the Blues having activated a 10.5 million pound release clause in the Frenchman's contract.
Remy reportedly agreed personal terms with Liverpool last month, but the Anfield club pulled out of a move due to the results of his medical -- which Redknapp branded "not possible". Mourinho, though, insists there are no problems with Remy's fitness.
"I know that we're trying since yesterday to get Loic Remy, since we knew Fernando was leaving," Mourinho told Sky Sports after Chelsea's 6-3 victory against Everton.
"Now it's time to make some calls and have news. We have a fantastic doctor and I trust him completely. They will identify any problem.
"He has lots of people working with him in different areas, and for sure we'll try to identify clearly what the situation is. The information we have from specialists in different areas is that he does not have a problem to play football."
It has since been reported by the Daily Mail that Arsenal have also joined the race to sign Remy before Monday's transfer deadline.