Luis Suarez will learn on Thursday whether his four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup has been reduced.
Suarez has taken his appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which has announced it will deliver its verdict at 3pm local time (2pm BST), having heard the case last week.
Last month, FIFA rejected Suarez's appeal against his lengthy ban, prompting him to take the issue to the CAS.
LUIS SUAREZ BITE STORM
- FIFA bans Luis Suarez for four months
- PL chief: Suarez an accident waiting to happen
- No 'bite clause' in Suarez's Barca contract
- Toe Poke: Fan gets dodgy Suarez tattoo
- Thompson: Portrait of a serial winner
- Brewin: No sympathy for Luis Suarez
- Thompson: Uruguay comes to Suarez defence
- Marcotti: Suarez in another bite storm
On Wednesday morning the court published a statement on its official website which reads: "The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) will announce its decision in the matter Luis Suarez, FC Barcelona & the Uruguayan FA on Thursday Aug. 14 2014 at around 3 p.m. [local time, 9 a.m. ET]. This case was heard on Aug. 8 2014 at the CAS offices in Lausanne.
"At the request of the Appellants and with the agreement of FIFA, the CAS has conducted an expedited arbitration procedure. As a consequence, the CAS Panel has accepted to render its decision within a short period of time but with grounds to follow later."
Meanwhile, former Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann has told PA Sport that he feels that the Reds will be better off in the long term without Suarez, as the Uruguayan "can't be trusted".
Hamann, speaking at a McDonald's and Football Association Community Football Day, said: "I have always been very critical of Suarez's antics.
"In footballing terms, he is a big loss, but somebody else will score the goals [for Liverpool] and I think, long-term, they will be better off without him than with him.
"I'd rather have the six or seven players they have now than Suarez, because at the end of the day, if you want to win things, you need people you can trust, and he can't be trusted.
"If he does something stupid again, he could be out for years, or for good.
"Yes, he has been great, there is no doubt about it. But what could have been if he had not missed all the games he did when he was here? Maybe the team would have been in the Champions League a while ago.
"All he has to show from his time at Liverpool is a League Cup winner's medal (from 2011-12). He is not leaving a team that was ruling the Premier League or Europe during that the last few years.
"He is a player who scored goals, but at the end of the day they only got into the Champions League with him last season."
LUIS SUAREZ 2013-14 SEASON IN NUMBERS
• 31 - Premier League goals, winning the Golden Boot.
• 12 - Most assists in the Premier League.
• 24 - Scored the most goals from inside the box.
• 4 - Scored the most goals from counterattacks.
• 9 - Had the most shots that hit the woodwork.
• 3 - Most penalties won in the Premier League.
• 237 - Attempted more dribbles than any other player.