Paris Saint-Germain have ended their pursuit of Real Madrid's Angel Di Maria, according to club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi.
The big-spending Ligue 1 champions have been linked with a move for the Argentina international this summer, as have Manchester United.
ALL-TIME HIGHEST TRANSFER FEES
1) £85m Gareth Bale -- Tottenham to Real Madrid, Sept. 2013
2) £80m Cristiano Ronaldo -- Man Utd to Real Madrid, June 2009
3) £75m Luis Suarez -- Liverpool to Barcelona, July 2014
4) £71m James Rodriguez -- Monaco to Real Madrid, July 2014
5) £59.7m Angel Di Maria -- Real Madrid to Man Utd, August 2014
6) £56m Kaka -- AC Milan to Real Madrid, June 2009
Al-Khelaifi said at the unveiling of 50 million-euro defender David Luiz: "We talked to [Real president] Florentino Perez, but Angel Di Maria is too expensive. We have ended talks."
Nasser Al-Khelaïfi : "Je suis très heureux de l'arrivée de @DavidLuiz_4. On a parlé avec le Real pour Di Maria mais il était trop cher"- PSG Officiel (@PSG_inside) August 7, 2014
In May, PSG agreed to pay 60 million euros as part of their punishment for violating Financial Fair Play rules.
The French champions also agreed not to increase their current wage bill for two years and to "significantly limit spending" in the transfer market, based on a calculation of their "net transfer position."