Bayern Munich have announced that goalkeeper Pepe Reina is on the verge of joining the club from Liverpool.
Free to play: ESPN FC Premier League fantasy
- Q&A: Why you need to reselect your fantasy squad
- Sign up for our new game and challenge your friends
- How to play the game -- fantasy rules in full
- Transfers: Check out the latest Premier League moves
- Fantasy Forum: Discuss your team and tactics
Reina's future has been uncertain since his season-long loan at Napoli came to an end, with coach Rafa Benitez saying in June that the Serie A side could not afford the Spaniard.
Bundesliga champions Bayern have now moved for the shot-stopper, who faced competition from first-choice Simon Mignolet at Anfield.
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge added: "Reina is an established and very experienced player that meets the management's requirements."
Rummenigge added: ``Pepe Reina was eager to come to Bayern Munich.
``He wanted to embark on this adventure even though he knows that, in Manuel Neuer, he has a keeper in front of him who, if nothing changes, will always remain the number one.''
Reina, 31, signed for Liverpool from Villarreal in 2005 and has since made 285 Premier League starts for the Merseyside club.