Keylor Navas backed to be Real's No. 1
Keylor Navas should be Real Madrid's No. 1 goalkeeper rather than Iker Casillas, according to 52.99 percent of AS.com readers.
AS.com conducted a poll regarding coach Carlo Ancelotti's first-choice shot-stopper following the arrival of Navas from Levante on a six-year deal.
Of the more than 23,000 readers who took part in the survey, over 12,000 backed Navas to start in goal for the Champions League holders.
Spain international Casillas received 17.71 percent of the votes, while Diego Lopez had 29 percent.
Free to play: ESPN FC Premier League fantasy
- Sign up for our new game and challenge your friends
- Fantasy Blog: Tips for picking your squad | New names
- David Silva and Romelu Lukaku in hot fantasy form
- How to play the game -- fantasy rules in full
- FAQ: All your game questions answered
- Transfers: Check out the latest Premier League moves
- Fantasy HQ: Email us with your issues
Casillas started just two La Liga games last season, although he did feature regularly in the Champions League, and he endured a disappointing World Cup with Spain.
Navas, though, is expecting a battle for a starting place at Real in the new season.
"Becoming the starter is complicated, I will work at Real Madrid with humility," he told AS.
"God does not put things before you that you cannot overcome.
"A six-year contract gives me peace of mind. I'll learn a lot from all the players. It's a great opportunity that I want to make the most of."
Information from the Press Association was used in this report.