Neymar 'almost 100 percent' fit
Neymar said he is "almost 100 percent" recovered from the back injury which cut short his 2014 World Cup campaign, and is looking forward to returning to action with Barcelona.
The 22-year-old, who had scored four goals in Brazil's five games, fractured his vertebra during Brazil's quarterfinal win against Colombia and was rushed to hospital with fears about the nature of the injury.
NEYMAR TRANSFER SAGA
- Jan. 23: Barca president Rosell resigns from post
- Jan. 29: Neymar Snr defends hefty transfer fee
- Feb. 13: Brazilian court rejects Santos injunction
- Feb. 20: Barcelona reject Neymar 'tax fraud' claim
- Jun. 22: Controversy, courts and the cost of Neymar
But it appears he has made a swift recovery and talked up a return while on a promotional trip to Tokyo.
He said: "It's all good. My back is improving. It's almost 100 percent. I'm looking forward to joining my [Barcelona] teammates and helping them win the title."
Barcelona return to La Liga action on Aug. 24 against Elche and the club has said Neymar's recovered from injury has gone "very well."
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.