Arturo Vidal set for Juventus talks
Arturo Vidal's agent is due to meet with Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta on Tuesday to discuss the midfielder's future.
Marotta reaffirmed Juventus' intention of keeping hold of the Chile international midfielder on Monday night at the presentation of the Serie A fixtures for the 2014-15 season.
Amid speculation that Manchester United could make an offer for the 27-year-old, Marotta said Vidal has shown no intention of leaving and the club would be "proud and honoured" to keep him.
"We never put Arturo on the market," Marotta told reporters in Milan, reports La Repubblica. "If he does not express the desire to leave, then we are proud and honoured to keep him here. We're not taking anything for granted, but the player has never taken any other stance than that of wanting to stay with us."
Summer transfer window roundup
- Premier League: Team-by-team ins and outs
- Transfer Centre: All the done deals
- Marcotti: Mind-boggling transfers
- Delaney: What did we learn on deadline day?
- Horncastle: European transfer grades
- Smith: Transfers more important than the game?
- Macintosh: We worship goals, not balance sheets
Instead, Marotta is more concerned about incoming transfers, confirming that Romulo is on the verge of joining from Hellas Verona. He would become the club's fourth new arrival this summer -- after Kinsley Coman, Alvaro Morata and Roberto Pereyra -- but according to Marotta, he is not likely to be the last.
"We can wrap that up in the next 24 hours," he said. "But clearly we are still lacking something. We're ready to take other opportunities. We could be looking for a defender and an attacker, in order to give [coach Massimiliano] Allegri a squad in keeping with our ambitions."
That defender is not going to be Stefan De Vrij, who was also linked to United, but is expected to seal a move to Lazio on Tuesday. The 22-year-old arrived in the Italian capital late on Monday night and will undergo a medical on before completing a reported 8.5 million euro move from Feyenoord.
The Biancoceleste have already announced the transfer on their official Twitter account, welcoming "the best defender of the 2014 World Cup" in a move which they hope will appease fans still furious that they missed out on Davide Astori, who joined city rivals Roma from Cagliari last week.