Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has told beIN Sports that he is not considering any offer to sign Italy striker Mario Balotelli from AC Milan.
Reports in the English media suggested Wenger could make a 25 million pound bid for the former Manchester City player.
But the Gunners boss responded to a question from fellow studio guest Ruud Gullit about the rumoured move by saying: "No -- no, that's pure invention.
"We cannot believe absolutely everything that is on the internet or is in newspapers. It's not true."
AC Milan vice-president Barbara Berlusconi hinted earlier this week that Balotelli could move on when she said: "Balotelli is a great player, but I don't believe that someone can be irreplaceable. We will see what happens."
Balotelli is free to resolve his club future after Italy's went out of the World Cup after a controversial defeat to Uruguay on Tuesday.