Cameroon star Samuel Eto'o said Wednesday that attempts have been made to undermine his side's World Cup challenge.
The striker, who could miss the rest of the tournament because of injury, arrived at the Arena da Amazonia ahead of the rest of the squad with his right knee heavily strapped and iced.
He sat alongside coach Volker Finke and told reporters that Cameroon's seventh World Cup campaign had been sabotaged.
"I won't give in to blackmail, and after the World Cup -- and you can be sure of this, and so those people prepare themselves -- I will speak about it," he said.
"I'll use the same justice to throw light on this and that the president learns of everything that happens.
"People can attack me personally, say what they want -- I don't give a damn. The squad will remain united and solid. It's a shame that people try to destabilise it."
Before the World Cup, there was controversy over the agreement with the Cameroonian Football Association over the level of bonuses to be paid, with reports claiming the players had refused to board the plane due to take them to Brazil.
If, as seems likely, Eto'o misses the match, Lorient forward Vincent Aboubakar, described by some pundits as "the new Eto'o," could play in his place.
Eto'o has been struggling to have full fitness since suffering a knee injury toward the end of last season while playing for Chelsea.
The doctors confirm! I would probably not be able to play the match vs Croatia on Wed, june18th due to an injury on my knee causing me pain.- Samuel Eto'o (@setoo9) June 15, 2014
The former Barcelona and Inter Milan man announced via his Twitter account earlier this week that it was unlikely he would play against Croatia. But he later said: "I will do all I can to be with my teammates. Whether I'm in the starting lineup or not, I will give the best of myself so that the team wins."