LA Galaxy's Jermaine Jones, David Romney suspended one game, fined
Major League Soccer's disciplinary committee handed down one-game suspensions and fines to LA Galaxy players Jermaine Jones and David Romney on Wednesday.
Jones's suspension comes after the committee reviewed his tackle on FC Dallas's Christian Colman in the 17th minute of the teams' match on Saturday. The committee said "the tackle was serious foul play and endangered the safety of an opponent."
Subscribe to MLS LIVE today!
- MLS LIVE is back with an all-new platform for 2017
- Get the most matches ever, LIVE and ON DEMAND
- Packages start at only $14.99 a month
- Watch MLS on your phone, computer or TV
- Subscribe today at live.mlssoccer.com
Romney's suspension comes for "an act of embellishment" in the 52nd minute of the same match, which Dallas won 2-1.
The league did not disclose the fines for either player, who will sit out LA's next match, a March 12 home game against the Portland Timbers.