AC Ajaccio
Egypt
7:00 PM UTC May 25, 2018
ESPN3 6:45 PM UTC May 26, 2018
Aston Villa
Fulham
4:00 PM UTC May 26, 2018

Baccaglini to be new Palermo owner

Palermo
BeneventoBenevento
CarpiCarpi

Gennaro Gattuso already under threat

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini is considering Gennaro Gattuso’s position as coach just two games into the Serie B season.

Gennaro Gattuso's future at Palermo is under question.
Gennaro Gattuso's future at Palermo is under question.

Viviano heads to Arsenal

Gattuso, who had a brief spell in charge of Sion last season, took charge of Palermo in the summer as Zamparini viewed the former AC Milan midfielder as the man to guide his club back into the top flight following relegation last season.

However, after being knocked out of the Coppa Italia by Hellas Verona -- when Gattuso was sent to the stands -- Palermo drew their opening league fixture at Modena before being beaten 2-1 at home by Empoli last weekend. Their trip to Padova on Sunday could well be Gattuso’s last.

“I don’t know, but I believe that the Padova game is going to be decisive for his future,” said Zamparini, who already fired over 50 coaches during his 11-year term as president of the Sicilian club.

Gattuso, though, says he has the determination to continue.

“If the president does not think I’m suited to this role then it’s up to him to decide, but I have the conviction, the knowledge and the passion for my job, and the attitude of the team reflects this,” he told Sky Sport. “If I’m given the chance, I will continue, otherwise it will mean I will go to the (coaching) course without any problems and I will learn everything that I’ve yet to learn.”

Comments