Good behaviour is to be rewarded in Serie B this season with referees given a new green card to brandish when players conduct themselves well.
In addition to the normal yellow and red cards, referees are to carry a green card to show in an attempt to promote fair play and sporting gestures.
According to La Stampa, the new system -- which is being introduced on a trial basis -- will come in to effect around the fourth or fifth round of matches.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Klopp is right for Liverpool | Marcotti: Mancini's gamble
- Brewin: England, Ireland Euro chances | 5 things to watch for
- Parkhurst: Playing in U.S.-Mex | Oral history of rivalry
- Hunter: Four areas to fix in Barca crisis | Messi tax row
- Quiz: Premier League season so far | Arsenal's new shape
- FC TV: Benitez too defensive | Chelsea need change
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The innovative idea is for players who conduct themselves...