Good behaviour is to be rewarded in Serie B this season with referees given a new green card to brandish when players conduct themselves well.
In addition to the normal yellow and red cards, referees are to carry a green card to show in an attempt to promote fair play and sporting gestures.
According to La Stampa, the new system -- which is being introduced on a trial basis -- will come in to effect around the fourth or fifth round of matches.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: England still rely on Rooney | Hislop: Power Rankings
- WhoScored: Deadline day deals | Alvarez: Real depth
- Hunter: Real 'win' De Gea saga | Marcotti: Both clubs lose
- Smith: The cult of the transfer | Miller: Moves not decisive
- Window Watch: Club-by-club | Cox: Best Prem transfers
- Delaney: Prem transfer grades | Horncastle: Euro grades
- Premier League highlights (U.S.) | TOTW | Power Rankings
- ESPN FC TV: Window buzz | Stale Chelsea | Man City smart
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | Fantasy | FC Podcast
The innovative idea is for players who conduct themselves...