Serie A postpones decision on alleged Kean abuse, wants more information
Serie A has postponed its decision regarding the alleged racist insults directed at Juventus striker Moise Kean during a match at Cagliari but has fined the teenager for diving in the game.
Kean, who is black, defiantly celebrated his goal in front of a section of Cagliari supporters after being the subject of racist abuse throughout Juve's 2-0 win on Tuesday.
The Cagliari fans had been making the noise which is described in Italy as "buu" and is regarded as a racist insult. Monkey sounds were also heard.
Shortly after Kean's goal, Juve's French midfielder Blaise Matuidi, who is also black and was the subject of racist abuse at Cagliari last season, protested furiously to the referee and at one point appeared to threaten to walk off.
Serie A's disciplinary tribunal said on Friday that it had asked for more information from the match delegates and public authorities "to establish in which phases of the match [Matuidi and Kean] were the target of chanting which could be considered racial discrimination."
It also needed to determine "the real dimension and perception" of the alleged racist abuse, the tribunal said in a statement.
Separately, the tribunal fined the 19-year-old Kean €2,000 ($2,242) for diving in the penalty area in the first half, for which he received a yellow card. Napoli forward Arkadiusz Milik was fined the same amount for diving in his team's match against Empoli.
Earlier this season, Inter Milan were ordered two play two home matches behind closed doors after Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly was racially abused in a match at San Siro.
Information from Reuters was used in this report.