Inzaghi: No regrets over Sassuolo snub
Filippo Inzaghi insists he holds no ill-feeling about being prevented from taking the Sassuolo job after celebrating winning the first title of his coaching career by leading AC Milan's youth team to victory in the Viareggio Cup on Monday.
Milan’s under-19s claimed a 3-1 win over Anderlecht to triumph in the prestigious youth tournament -- a success which Inzaghi said ranked high among his many achievements.
"For my lads, the Viareggio Cup was like winning the Champions League," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.
Inzaghi was subject to an official approach by Serie A side Sassuolo last month, but Milan's general manager Adriano Galliani blocked the move. And the former Italy international insists he does not have any ill feeling about Galliani’s decision.
"Milan didn't want it and that was that as far as I'm concerned," Inzaghi said. "I'm never going to go against them. I accepted this plan -- one year with the under-16s and then two with the under-19s. “
If a big project arrives, I may consider it, if Milan agree, otherwise I'll complete my job here."
Galliani is in no doubt that is Inzaghi's destiny, reaffirming that he will not listen to offers for a man it seems is predestined to coach the Rossoneri one day. "Pippo's got a great future ahead of him," Galliani told Milan Channel.
"He's obsessive; takes care of every minor detail. If he does things with this desire, passion and determination, then the results will arrive. "I'm delighted I didn't let him go this winter. He was happy to stay and never said a word. I've already told Inzaghi that he's not moving from here. He's got two years left on his contract and he's staying here for as long as I live.”