Milan: Diamanti reports 'are rumours'
AC Milan have said reports linking them with a move for Bologna’s Alessandro Diamanti are “just rumours”.
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani had said Diamanti, 30, was a player his club could be interested in as they look to bolster their midfield options.
But Milan official Ariedo Braida said there had been no contact between the clubs, adding: “They [reports of a move] are just rumours for now, and I have nothing more to say on the matter.”
Meanwhile, Galliani said no offer for sought-after striker Stephan El Shaarawy had been received from Manchester City.
On Monday, the 20-year-old Italy international had said he was “flattered” by the link with the former Premier League champions but wanted to stay in Milan.
But Galliani told legaseriea.it: "On El Shaarawy, I can assure you there have been no talks, and the rumoured offer from City does not correspond with reality."
Speculation in the Italian media had suggested that City, keen to bolster their squad after a trophyless season, were lining up a £30 million bid.
But El Shaarawy dampened that speculation, telling La Repubblica: "I don't think I will leave Milan.
"If City really want me it flatters me, but I want to stay here. I have always felt total confidence from everyone – the club, coach [Massimiliano] Allegri and team-mates.
"It's also thanks to them that I am in the Italian national team."